The contract was how much? Contractors already know the value of owning a paint sprayer. The American Rental Association (ARA) knows that paint sprayers are one of the top 10 pieces of equipment rented in the United States today.
Most paint sprayers will pay for themselves after the completion of one major job. The time and money they save over conventional painting is phenomenal. Spray painting is up to 5 times faster than rolling. The labor cost on a medium-sized residential job could be in thousands of dollars. With a little practice and some sweat equity, homeowners could pay for the paint sprayer and still save money beyond the cost of a professional contractor. The key is buying the right paint sprayer for the job. There are some basic type of paint sprayers used commonly in the residential, commercial and industrial community.
Basic Type of Sprayers
- Airless paint sprayers – Generally, they are used for medium to large residential jobs where there is a lot of surface area to be covered, or require materials with low viscosity.
- HVLP paint sprayers – These are designed to produce fine and ultra fine finishes like those on automobiles and fine woodworking.
- LVLP paint sprayers – These are similar to HVLP sprayers but use low volume of air to increase the paint transference ratio.
- Electrostatic paint sprayers – Powder coating on automobiles and spray painting even coats on metal railing are two prime examples.
- Air-assisted airless paint sprayers – They are typically used in industrial applications with that have a thicker viscosity then airless paint sprayers can utilize.
The first thing that should be considered before buying a paint sprayer of any type is research. Understanding how a sprayer works, what it is used for, and the costs that are associated with them are the key factors in understanding the pros and cons of owning a paint sprayer. The ARA recognizes that paint sprayers have one of the biggest returns on investment percentages in the painting industry. Both homeowners with household projects and the professionals that are looking to get the next big job can easily find a paint sprayer that fits into their needs.